Red Bike System Technician (Part Time)
Red Bike is looking for part-time System Technicians to help with all aspects of operating the Red Bike system, including rebalancing the system by moving bikes from full to empty stations and the reverse, changing e-bike batteries, completing bicycle and station maintenance, cleaning, and providing customer service to our riders. Ideal candidates will be highly motivated, team oriented, friendly individuals with strong customer service and problem solving skills, and will be available to work peak hours (nights & weekends). The System Technicians report to the Operations Manager.
Training on bicycle and station maintenance and system technology will be provided. No bike mechanic experience required.
- Maintain bicycle and station operations including rebalancing, swapping e-bike batteries, bicycle maintenance, station maintenance and cleanliness
- Close coordination with Operations Manager and the customer service team to ensure that all customer needs are addressed and resolved
- Interact with customers as a public face of Red Bike, ensuring positive experiences at all times
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Rebalance the system – Addressing full or empty stations
- Swap e-bike batteries
- Inspect and evaluate bicycles and Red Bike stations for safety, functionality, and cleanliness
- Perform routine bicycle maintenance, cleaning and repairs as necessary
- Identify and report bicycles in need of in-house repair
- Perform routine station maintenance and repairs as necessary
- Identify, report, and resolve, if possible, all station malfunctions and/or problems
- Use technology to record all maintenance/repair activity
- Assist with bike and station assembly and installation
- Answer customer service calls and respond to customer needs in the field
- Operate and maintain system vehicles
- Attend and help promote Red Bike at events
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Team oriented and focused on continuous improvement
- Ability to understand technical aspects of the software and the hardware capabilities and needs of a bike share system
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Mechanical or electrical background a plus
- Self-motivated and ability to deal with and meet changing deadlines
- Comfortable in a fast paced, warehouse/shop environment
Red Bike is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages diversity, equity, and inclusion. Red Bike is a drug-free workplace.
For questions and to submit resumes, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.